Pages

Sunday 15 November 2020

Damp but Determined

Sarah - that is awesome news!!! So glad that you are getting out there. I'm really looking forward to reading your book A Necessary Blessing  

I'm still having issues with the writing stuff because I'm struggling with some things that I'm not comfortable blogging about. Bear is fine. Bear is completely bear. He managed to get elected onto the school council. I should say that there were two places and only two volunteers so he now has a shiny badge that he has to wear. All I can say is that it's never too early to learn to manage a committee.

No purple food today, but I really need to get the purple potatoes used up soon. I'm wondering about a soup. I would start with the basics - lentils, onion, lots of garlic, tumeric, cumin, possibly some paprika or chili. Then I could add the purple potatoes, plus some other sweet root, like a sweet potato, parsnips or some carrots. I could even add an apple. If I do make soup, that will be Tuesday, as I will have to have it ready to go before I leave to pick up bear later than usual. 

I am trying to plot my week. Bear will be later than normal on Tuesday and Thursday for drama, if people are back from self isolation. This doesn't leave me much time to make dinner, so soup is a good choice as I can do all the work before I leave and then just heat up when I get back. The trouble is, every time I think that I have a plan in place, something happens. I shall see how things go.

I admit to feeling very low. So I am determined to keep blogging and looking for the silver lining in life. There is always a silver lining. Blogging encourages me to look. The weather is currently extremely rainy, but there is still lots of good stuff around. And speaking of good stuff...

Writing stuff - Sarah Head has her novel, A Necessary Blessing, out on 19th November. She gives awesome advice in her comments to me and I am proud that I know her. You may have seen her posts on Tales of a Kitchen Herbwife. I can't wait to read her book. 


Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing like a rainy November to get you down. Days are getting shorter, and murkier, and we're in such an uncertain position at the moment vis a vis Covid and Christmas on top of whatever else you're dealing with. However unlike you I am on top of the world at the mo after a dark period because a) Trump is out of the White House and b) Cummings is out of No 10 and therefore the chance of our nation sleepwalking into a no deal Brexit has been slightly reduced. All it needs is for President Putin to fall off a horse and break his neck while doing an action-man calendar shoot and I will be positively ecstatic. How's that for silver?

    ReplyDelete