Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2014

High Gravity Day

I've just dropped my new iron.  Twice.  That is a record, even for me.  Mind you, I have been using language that would have made evil cat blush as I couldn't stop the cord wrinkling the bit of the shirt I had already ironed, which is a problem I don't usually have.  I ended up threading the plug through the steam iron rest to fix that.  Of course, then I had to rearrange the bits so that the ironing board lined up close enough to the plug.  The room is still a work in progress so I had to fiddle things around and shift heaps of ironing.  That is when I broke two hangers as well as dropping the dratted iron which, apart from those issues is ironing beautifully.

Then I made some toast for father and when the toaster popped I got some fresh bread out of the loaf bag and started buttering that.

I think today is a day for sitting quietly and carefully and staying away from fragile things.

Bear won a Best Actor nomination this morning for his portrayal of having a bad leg (when he remembered).  It may actually be a bit sore as he put quite a bit of effort into yesterday's martial arts.  I am sure it will come up in conversation tonight in the context of homework.  Bear would convince any jury in the land that a bad leg excuses him homework.

Yesterday when I spoke to uncle he was determined to go back to his bungalow.  If he decides to go there, we can't stop him.  There isn't even a bed there - he has slept in a chair for years and the rest of the house is far too cluttered still to fit in a bed and he certainly wouldn't countenance losing any of the 'stuff'.  I am a little worried, but all I can do now is wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment