Pages

Friday 14 February 2014

There is always a Bright Side

At the moment, if I was a cat my ears would be on backwards.  I feel grumpy, fed up and low.  I have absolutely no idea why, either.  It is very frustrating.

There are lots of good things going on.  Father has just come back from the hospital after having an op as a day patient and he is fine.  He looks shattered, and he is starving, but he has had his op, which apparently was long overdue, and at least that is over.  He is supposed to rest for the next 24 hours.  The rest will almost certainly involve whisky.  Fortunately Liverpool FC are not playing for another 48 hours, so that is okay.

Bear is growing like a weed, thank goodness.  The coat that I bought on Boxing Day for him to grow into is no longer hanging in the wardrobe.  He wore it to school today as I noticed the coat I bought for him Boxing Day 2012 was suddenly a lot nearer his waist.  They don't seem to do longer coats and in this weather I think a short jacket is no good.  We aren't badly hit here, and it could be worse, but it is still wet, cold and windy.  If we have a late spring again he may well get his wear out of it.  Thank goodness I didn't pay full price for it.

I managed to speak to uncle earlier.  He sounded less with-it than 'normal' but he knew he is moving to be near me.  He is under the impression it will be tomorrow.  I am under the impression it is more likely to be March as they are sorting out funding.

So it's all good.  Except I feel like a cat with it's battle ears on and can't seem to snap out of it.  It's time to curl up and read until I battle the elements to collect bear.


No comments:

Post a Comment