Pages

Sunday 26 March 2017

Actually Did Knitting

I've been knitting.  I'm working on the sleeveless version of this which is knitted side to side and I am intrigued to see it work out.


I did nine inches today, which wasn't bad as I was taking it all steady.  I've stayed away from the craft YouTube videos and instead I've been watching videos about Medieval Europe and Dinosaurs, which should be safe.  

Unfortunately the videos didn't take up all of my attention.  I didn't buy the Doctor Who fabric that I saw yesterday because I have sacks of fabric and I really shouldn't get any more without getting using some of the current pile first.  Besides, I couldn't think of anything to make for bear or DH and it was £14 per metre (which is a good price considering I can't get it anywhere else!).  Today bear was 'sorting' his pencils by colour, which is always interesting as it shows exactly how colour blind he is.  He announced that he needed more pencil cases and gave me an expectant look.  

There are a gazillion YouTube videos on how to sew a pencil case, many of them use zips.  I've never sewn a zip, but I do feel that it is time to accept the challenge as it will give me an excuse to buy the Doctor Who fabric and make some awesome stuff.  Bear won't mind, I'm sure.  

I also caved and opened the parcel from India.  I bought a sari, sold as suitable to reuse as craft projects.  It's very frayed at both ends, but apparently is pure silk and the design on it is gorgeous.  I don't think I will every get used to how beautiful sari fabric is.  I plan to use Bless's idea and use a bigger piece of cardboard and make a bag like this one but bigger.  If it happens, I'll share.  The fabric is a lovely old gold with a small pattern of red and green and looks amazing.  I've given it a quick wash and it is now draped over my ironing board looking magnificent.

I am now going back to the knitting and dinosaurs.  

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh I really like that.
    What colour are you knitting it in?
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm knitting it in a sort of grey marl, and if I ever finish it I'll post a pic. Thank you for commenting. LM x

      Delete
  2. Lol enjoy the dinosaur videos. I lik
    e the knitted design - way above my skill limit right now lol. I clicked on the link for the bag but it wouldn't let me look at it - got an error message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I messed up the bag link. It's the one further down my blog on 23 March, and the YouTube link should be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Qrh6dtSgc

    Thank you for commenting LM x

    ReplyDelete