Pages

Saturday 25 March 2017

I Went to York

I thought it was time I called in to York, as I am trying to write about stuff set there.  There was a complete absence of werewolves, vampires and mayhem but there were lots and lots and lots of crowds.  I could barely move.  It was absolutely packed.  York is a tourist town and also the centre of a lot of countryside.  There are some glorious shops there if you like expensive shops.  Even the market had a lot of upmarket and expensive stalls next to the ones selling cauliflower and rhubarb.

I tried taking photos but my camera wasn't co-operating.  What I need is a cheap camera that transfers to the laptop.  I have no idea where to start.  There was a camera shop in York, but the cheapest camera in the window was over £300 so probably not what I am looking for.

I did buy some fabric when I got back to Leeds.  There is a shop selling fabric and yarn on George Street, next to the market (not Great George Street next to the hospital, easily confused).  I recommend it.  They are very tolerant of amateurs such as myself, are very competitively priced and even have some Doctor Who fabric that I haven't seen anywhere else, not even on eBay.  I didn't have anything in my stash to make a table cloth for the little chest of drawers that are now next to my chair.  I think it needs it as I keep splashing it with my drink, and I love fabric everywhere anyway.  I managed to take this photo of the fabric.


I haven't seen this on eBay either.

Tomorrow I plan to concentrate on knitting.  I wonder what I'll actually end up doing.

8 comments:

  1. I've been to York once on a school trip years and years ago - yes, I'm that old lol.

    That is different looking fabric. Did you pick up some of the Dr. Who fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't as I couldn't think of a use for it and have actual bags full of unused fabric. I wish I had now! Thank you for commenting LM x

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that there weren't any werewolves and vampires in York! Unless they were mingling with the crowds and blending right in! They have such pretty and interesting designs on fabric, don't they? I'm on a fabric diet, right now, but, sometimes, I indulge in day dreams of going in to a fabric store and just buying a bunch of fabric to play with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talked about werewolves and vampires because the story I'm writing (At the Sign of the White Hart) has werewolves and vampires in and is set in York. I love hearing good stories about them, but I'm glad I don't meet them!

      I'm supposed to be on a fabric diet as well. Oops! LM x

      Delete
  3. I haven't been to York for such a long time. Might have to rectify that this summer and do a day trip.
    Like your nautical fabric-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently their opening a York sweet museum. Who would have thought? You might like Duttons for Buttons, who have some lovely goodies. LM x

      Delete
  4. What great fabric just the sort of design I like. Have a great day knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a quirky design, but that little shop on the road by the Market has some amazing stuff. I hope you have a good stash of your favourite LM x

      Delete