Pages

Friday 4 August 2023

A Mix of Things

I didn't post yesterday. To be honest, I can't remember doing anything amazing, but I dithered around and got a few bits done. Wednesday night without bear was odd but we trundled on. Bear had an awesome time, came nowhere in the pub quiz and then had a great time wandering around Huddersfield. He was supposed to be coming home by bus (I offered to pick him up, but he wanted to be independent) but then the bus didn't go where he thought it would. I ended up picking the poor lad up outside Aldi in Dewsbury at seriously late o'clock. By the time I got home, I was shattered.

I had a delivery of Heinz beans today. I have them on a subscription. When I got the last delivery, bear couldn't get enough of them. He's eating hardly any of them at the moment, but I expect that to change once he's back at school. It means I have around forty cans that I expect will more than keep me going until the next delivery in October. I get good wrapping paper from it anyway. 

I nipped out early today and saw this.


It looked like an extremely large thrush and was completely unimpressed by me. It's not a great pic, but the best I could manage. I wish I could have got a pic when it was on the gate, bold as bass, watching me.

I picked up some bits and pieces for the men and some new place mats.

And that's what I did yesterday. I poached the turkey leg that I picked up on Monday with veggies in stock. Yesterday I had the veggies and stock as soup which was very pleasant and I would have been even happier if I hadn't spilt it all over the table and then it got into the cork place mats. I had some of the meat today for lunch and it wasn't particularly pleasant. If I get a turkey leg again, I'll cook it differently. 

Bear was tired but fine. I suspect that he's the sensible one of the group. 

Writing stuff - I've done a surprising amount of writing today, including a book review, here. I wasn't meaning to review it, but I read it in Kindle Unlimited almost by accident and enjoyed it so I thought I'd write a review. I'm still getting the hang of reviews. I want to make sure that it's fair and encouraging. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good couple of days! Glad to hear that bear is having a good time with friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bear is having an awesome time and I'm so glad too.

      Delete