Pages

Thursday 10 August 2023

Ouch

I think I have an abcess in a tooth. I also have dental phobia and had a major panic attack when I was last due for a check up. I am taking painkillers and hoping it goes away.

Bear was out again last night. The quiz team is still hovering around last place, but he seems to be enjoying it. He got the bus home and it got extremely delayed so the poor lad came in shattered. He's out again tomorrow night as he's going to his first gig. As it's £6 entry on the door, I don't think that it's going to be that big or scary, and I have faith in him, but I will be worrying until he turns up the next day. 

Today we had the boiler serviced, so that is one thing off the list. I always try and get the boiler serviced in summer so it will be fine for winter and I don't have to worry about squeezing in an appointment.

Writing stuff - I posted the latest instalment of 'Research and the Author' here. This week I covered clothes in a fantasy setting, or, at least, Medieval Europe fantasy setting. To be honest, I think for fantasy you can just make stuff up, but I had fun.

Hugs and good health to all. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I do hope the toothache will go away! If you have any cloves, crush one and apply it to the gum and keep it between the gum and cheek if you can. My late stepfather was a dental surgeon and cloves or clove oil was something he recommended as temporary relief (until his patients could make an appointment to have the tooth attended to!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am absolutely digging out the cloves now.

      Delete
  2. I don't want to scare you, but dental pain rarely if ever heals itself. I am afraid right now it is as good as it gets. That being said, if it is a matter of a bit of food lodged in the tooth throwing it out of line when chewing, yes, it might go away. However.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I need to get to a dentist. At least it's gone down a little bit. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I can recommend Oragel for toothache -available in Extra too-less than £5 and you can get it in supermarkets as well as pharmacies.

    ReplyDelete