Pages

Saturday 19 August 2023

Things Have Happened

Yesterday we went to see The Importance of Being Ernest which was an outside production at Oakwell Hall. The weather forecast was ominous, but we decided to go for it anyway. I packed a couple of blankets to sit on and a stool and we had a few sandwiches from Tesco before the show. We ate them in the picnic benches by the hall.


We were one of the first people in, and grabbed one of the benches along the side. It looked like this around 6pm.



But it was full when it started at 7pm. We definitely were underequipped. There were fizzy wine corks popping. At one point I saw a cork fly from one side of the lawn to the other. Huge picnics were spread out and people had chairs and blankets and all sorts. I spread the picnic blanket on the bench. It felt very inadequate. 

There was a little rain but not enough to either stop the performance or dampen the crowd. It was a lot of fun. We've decided that if we do anything like this again that we will make more of an effort. We may even get some plastic wine glasses, but as none of us like wine we would be drinking lemonade out of them.

Today I went for may usual sit and knit time. The car got extremely leafed on.



I had the window open so it was almost as bad with all that blew in.


I was sick of seeing a ball of yarn on the shelf, and I'd found a decent pattern for a scarf and started knitting it up, but there was an issue with the needle.


So I concentrated on the fluffy blanket. I finished it when I got home, and I'll take some pics tomorrow. After the football, of course. I'm not sure what sort of state that I'll be in after the final. 

Hugs and good health to all.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely evening, watching the play, even if you didn't have a huge picnic! Looks like you might need a new pair of knitting needles! Looking forward to seeing your finished blanket. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've reluctantly binned the needles. It was a wonderful evening, and I'm so glad that we went.

      Delete
  2. Your car is well camouflaged isn't it. I've just finished another scarf but really need to find something else to knit as I have far too many scarves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to start knitting blankets. I need to start knitting a few more scarves as the odds of me finishing are a lot higher.

      Delete