Pages

Monday 14 August 2023

Fed Up With Myself

First thing this morning I had a Tesco Delivery, because I wasn't sure about what I would be doing. I had a whole list of things that needed doing and I've been having some dizzy spells so wasn't sure if I would be able to drive. The van arrived at the same time as a mini digger that took up station at the corner of the street. I got soaked getting everything in (and it included five bags of gluten free pasta as it was on offer), and then watched the poor Tesco driver make a 300 point turn trying to get out between the digger and the lorries. I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but they cleared a corner of the street. Some of it looked like really good topsoil, but I would have always hesitated as all sorts of stuff has been dumped there over the years. In fact, it's never been flat since we moved into the house in 1994 and it was covered with brambles and bindwide up to this morning. I had a rummage through my old photos and last November it looked like this.



And this is a distant view of what it was like in May, though it's grown a lot since. Today it looked like this after they had finished.



I think the tree behind it is dying, but I have no clue who I should talk to about it. I have no idea what is going on. Bear said he thought he may have heard a noise. He wandered downstairs for the first time mid afternoon and immediately tried to explain a rubics cube to me. There are worse things that he could do. 

And this evening a magpie flew into the window. DH took some peanuts out as a peace offering in the hope that the magpie won't take against us. I'm used to sparrows and pigeons, but this was somewhat unexpected. 

Otherwise all is normal. Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. Why are you feeling fed up with yourself? Have you spoken to your doctor about your dizzy spells?
    It looks like you have a permanent pond in the middle of the road! I would have hoped that the mini digger would have filled in that area where the water is collecting!
    Lucky you to have the rubics cube explained to you! I could never figure out how to solve it!
    I hope the pasta didn't get wet and everything will be well with you. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been doing enough. At least the shopping dried out eventually. As for our road - it's a hazard!

      Delete
  2. Don’t ignore those dizzy spells, tell your GP.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm keeping a list of stuff for my poor GP.

      Delete
  3. Poor Magpie. I do hope it's okay. We have birds fly into our windows once in a while, but most of the time I don't even see them by the time I go outside

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The magpie flew off straight away looking as embarrassed as a magpie can. It must have had a headache, though.

      Delete