Pages

Thursday 31 August 2023

Twenty More Tubes of Pringles

Tesco are running a promotion where it's four for the price of three on a vast amount of cleaning products. Of course, it's the cheapest one that's free, so a certain amount of strategy needs to be used. Today I bought around a year's worth of stain removal power. I don't use it very often as we don't really get many stains, so four tubs - three general and one for coloureds - will almost certainly be fine. I also picked up four bottles of washing up liquid in a separate transaction. The Tesco own brand that I get are only 65p, but it all helps.

On Saturday I'm getting a delivery with four bottles of Ariel colour liquid for bear. I imagine that it will last him until university, but it won't go off in the time it takes to use it and I may as well save the £7.50. I'm going to call in probably on Monday and do a lot of small transactions because they have some cheap stuff included in the offer and it ends on Tuesday. 

Also in that delivery are lots of tubes of Pringles. I posted last time they were on sale and I bought twenty tubes as they were also on double points. Well, I'm down to the last tube and they're on offer again. Now I know that I need twenty tubes between offers. I may be able to get away with fewer once the summer holidays are over, but I don't need to go over. As it is, the saving is around £8 for something that is very much appreciated.

I think this is why the cleaning sale (which I think is every six months) is such a good deal for me. I rarely buy brands. Pringles are one brand that I buy and Ariel is another, but usually I just buy the less expensive own brand that never has coupons and doesn't go on offer. This offer includes a pack of their washing up sponges at 43p per pack. If I didn't use cloths, I'd buy enough to keep me going for six months. I may only be saving 43p or so, but it all counts. There's loads of their own brand stuff included and I'd be mad not to pick up a few bits. 

I'm also thinking about the driving in Methley. It was so demure compared to the usual mayhem. When bear was navigating, he confirmed that I was doing 28 mph in a 30 mph zone and cars were falling behind me like they needed to keep their distance from the maddened speed demon. People weren't cutting others up or failing to indicate or being so far up my tail that I'm surprised they didn't steal my dipstick. It was so easy. I was thinking about it when I fell asleep last night which may explain why it was the location of my nightmare where I was being menaced by an evil, scary plush giraffe-were-being. I may also need to be a bit more aware of what I eat last thing at night. 

Gladys continues to thrive.


And when I looked to find this, I also found this pic of me trying to take a pic of a scarf I'm allegedly knitting.


That's not one of my greatest attempts. Last night it looked like this.


The yarn has been sitting on my shelf for around five years, taunting me, and I just broke and started it. I've knitted a little more since then, and I'll try and take a pic later.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Gladys is so beautiful! It's lovely to see her blooming so exuberantly!
    Well done on stocking up on Pringles and other items when they are on sale! It's the only way to keep costs down.
    Pretty scarf, too; the colors remind me of a seascape. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exuberant is a great way to describe Gladys!

      I love the challenge of working out deals. I think I shall have to start keeping spreadsheets.

      Thank you - the colour called to me as well.

      Delete