Pages

Monday 21 August 2023

Another Quiet Day

I can't remember what I was doing yesterday. I think I spent most of it recovering from watching the football. Truly, the best team won, but it was a blow. Then I was picking bear up and I kept getting texts changing the time. 

I spent most of today watching 'Welcome to Wrexham' with DH who hadn't watched it. For those very few who are unaware, Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney bought Wrexham AFC football club a couple of years ago and were trying to get out of the National League and into League Two. It's a really good series, and it's not just about the football (or even the two owners), but it's about the community. I got married about six miles from there, and until uncle died, there had been a member of our family living there for over 150 years, so I was intrigued as I sort of know the area. Of course, it must be over a decade since I was last in Wrexham itself, but I have a few memories and I'm curious. Besides, I grew up with football, unlike DH. Poor DH didn't expect how human the programme was. He'll be a nervous wreck by the time we finish the series. 

I'm not sure about the fluffy blanket. I had a job trying to take a pic without showing my lamentable housekeeping skills, but here we are.





It's just over 36 inches wide but it's 72 inches long and far too skinny in proportion. I'm considering donating it because it doesn't shed the fluff while knitting and while I'm not sure that it will suit me, it's lovely and soft and warm to wrap around you on a sofa.

Gladys the fuchsia is continuing to recover.


There are a lot of flowers coming on, which is good.

Writing stuff - No, I've not been organised enough to get the story posted on my blog, but I've been accepted onto a team that will be writing regularly on a blog called Hazardous to Your Sanity which has a lot of writing stuff on it, with a mix of reviews, advice and a little fiction. I'll be sharing it regularly and I'll add it to the blog roll so if you're interested then you can spot when a post comes up. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I stayed up all night to watch the football final game - it didn't start here until 3:00 a.m. (there was a pre-game show that started at 2:00 a.m.) and it ended at 5:00 a.m., after which I went to bed!
    Lovely blanket and I think it would be just fine to wrap around when watching TV. Glad to see Gladys looking so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gladys is amazing. I hope that you enjoyed the match as much as I (sort of) did - and I am impressed that you managed to sleep afterwards!

      Delete