Pages

Sunday 7 January 2024

Feeling Better

It's been a few days since I've posted, because there hasn't been much to post. I've been reading my bodyweight in romance stories, and as that's ebooks and I'm a well built lass, that's a lot of romances. 

I spent a very small amount on what was described as a sort of escape room game. I took this pic because I remembered that I needed a pic for today and I had to fish the leaflet out of the bin, which should tell you how good it wasn't.


I mean, it wasn't bad for a £3 box which included a 'fit pieces into pattern' puzzle, a deduction puzzle, a logic puzzle that bear leapt on as it was mainly algebra and a code. I'm used to the puzzle codes being something like, 'a = q, b = f, c = z' which is a basic substitution thing. I watched the two men in my life argue about it being a Caesar code and talking about different cyphers. It was a basic substitution. It was fun. Then we watched a truly surreal few episodes of Doctor Who - Doctor Who and the Zarbi which I think came out in 1964 or 1965. We may have heckled some of the special effects.

And this time five years ago I was posting about bear's Christmas homework. He was sent home by his history teacher to make a model of a castle, also known as hell for parents. 


I swear that I still twitch at the site of old lollypop sticks. 

Writing stuff - I've put some thoughts about poetry on Hazardous to Your Sanity here, but it's my usual thoughts. It was supposed to be a poem, but the poetry I wrote was dreadful.

I also finally published the next instalment of Invitation Accepted here. That story has nearly finished, and I know exactly where I'm going with the next one. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think this time of year is a bit blah! - and thank goodness I have an excuse to ignore the cold, damp weather and just vegetate. As my sight does not allow me to read for long periods now, and audio books send me to sleep (no disrespect to the authors by the way - it's just my brain), I find myself watching all sorts of odd things on Youtube - from a couple living in Alaska and "processing" a road-kill moose for meat, to house renovation channels, budgetting and "lifestyle" influencers. I do sometimes watch proper tv but there isn't that much that takes my fancy and then I do find myself thinking that I really ought to go and sort the fridge out, so I try to avoid that sort of thing. I am way past having to help with school projects but I was lucky that my ex-husband was very good at making things so I only had to be chief snack provider. Hugs and best wishes for a happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that Alaskan video - completely unrelated to my life but fascinating. I barely watch tv anymore though I'm considering watching Gladiators when it comes on.
      Listening to a book at just about audible volume is recommended by someone I know as a way to go to sleep.

      Delete