Pages

Friday 12 January 2024

I Made a Cake!

I'm still feeling washed out, but so much better. And I made a cake. 


I used a recipe from BBC Good Food for Country Apple Cake. It's supposed to look dark with two tablespoons of cocoa powder in the mix, but I singed it a little as I forgot about it. It ate very well - the men were very happy but I suspect that I over-beat the eggs and sugar at the start and I wasn't very efficient folding the dry mix in. The apple chunks rose in the cake.


I also think that it sank as it cooled. It was very pleasant, though, and cream or custard is a big help. 

I also did a huge casserole for dinner which also got good reviews from the men, It's definitely casserole weather. 

Writing stuff - I'm lagging behind this week, but I started a successor to Invitation Accepted, called The Prince and the Paladin. For those interested, this is the story that started it all. This is the idea running around my head when I wrote The Forgotten Village all those years ago. It's been kicking around on the back burner for over a decade, but with a few tweaks, I think now is the time to bring it out and it can finally be done. As it is set in Leeds, it's a great incentive for me to get out and about to take pictures of locations. 

Hugs and good health to all.

4 comments:

  1. The cake sounds delicious! I'm sure the family enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds and looks lovely. Yum. Custard sounds really good. I really want some custard now lol

    ReplyDelete