Pages

Wednesday 31 January 2024

Last Day of January

Today is the last day of January and it was pretty unprofitable. I got hardly anything done. One day I will come on here and give a list of achievements, but that feels like something of a distant dream at the moment. 

I dug out the scarf I'm knitting for the nice garage man and decided that I didn't like it.


So I ripped it all out and tried my tried and trusted pattern.



But I think that it looks a bit girly. I think I'll rip that out and just knit it up plain. 

I've been looking at portable hobs on Amazon, the sort that are a single hob that you plug in. Everything that I've fancied eating today has involved a saucepan. It could be weeks before we get a new cooker. I'm more concerned with bear, as he does a lot of meals that are on the stove top. I think I'll hold fire for a bit. There's a basic looking one that's around £15 that is next day delivery on Amazon if I get completely desperate.

The washing machine was making a funny noise as I was washing the towels. I've checked for launderettes on Google Maps. It may just have been extra soap or something. Of course, the washing machine has been going strong for some time. I think we bought it when bear was in primary school as I have memories of being stuck with a load of half washed school uniform that included green sweaters.

Writing stuff - inspired by things breaking down, I wrote a piece on saving writing in progress in places other than the PC or laptop here. Now I need to start sorting out all my files. There are a lot. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Hope the washing machine doesn't go as well! Hopefully you can get something sorted for prepping meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm watching the washing machine very closely!

      Delete
  2. January went by quite quickly, didn't it? By the way, at the risk of repeating myself, the rice cooker can be used to cook many things other than rice. You can definitely use it as a pan to cook just about anything that needs to be cooked in a pan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are amazing and I'm absolutely going to be using it. Thank you for helping me.

      Delete