Pages

Monday 15 January 2024

Half Way Through the Month

The month is half way done and I'm feeling underwhelmed at my achievements. I'm still feeling under the weather and I thought I was going to pass out when I got the delivery today. I daren't drive - the pressure light on the tyres has come on again and I need to take it back to the awesome garage, but that will wait for a while. As it's quite cold and my battery is elderly, I think that I'll spend maybe twenty minutes with the engine running tomorrow to keep things moving. 

I took the top of the feeder down. 


I'm not sure how we're going to get the pole out of the concrete, but we'll work something out. As for the rats, our road looks like this.




There is a sewer running underneath the middle of the road, there's a pizza place, Thai place, sandwich shop and fish and chip shop within staggering distance and there is a small stream around a hundred yards the other side of the building on the left. Rats are going to happen, but I owe it to my neighbours to stop tempting them to come and visit.

As you can see, it's been a crisp, clear, cold day. There are mutters about snow hitting us tomorrow, but today was lovely. 

Writing stuff - my response to last week's writing prompt is here. I am having so much fun that it should be illegal.

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. You might be able to cut down the pole at ground level with a hack saw or something - maybe your DH or bear might be able to help you with that. Then, you can cover the top with a brick and place a planter on top so as not to stub a toe on or trip over the brick.
    Plenty of places and food for rats up and down your road! But, yes, you don't need to encourage them to visit your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may just ask bear to sort it out - it won' t do him any harm to think of ideas, even if I have to supervise. Though that will have to wait until his next school break.

      Delete
  2. Depending on how cold it is could have an effect on your tyre pressure. Mine usually changes depending on the temperature. We have a thing (it has a proper name lol) at home to measure the pressure and refill the tyres if needed.
    Hope you feel better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think that the cold has affected the tyres. We're not set up for it here.

      Delete