Pages

Friday 26 January 2024

Unproductive Week

The whole week has been something of a fail. Today's fail was the casserole - it was inedible. I'd added the chorizo left over from the chorizo and chickpea thing to chicken and veggies and put in far too much liquid. The chicken could have been used to sole shoes. Fortunately the baked potatoes (done in the Air Fryer and very pleasant indeed) worked so we had them with beans. 

Also, bear has been explaining complicated things to me. This hasn't helped.

On the bright side, I finally published a book review on my blog after 'getting around' to taking pics. It should be under 'writing things' but I really enjoyed it and it's not the normal type of book I review. The British Library has an online shop and I may or may not have lusted after a lot of the contents. I admit nothing. Anyway I subscribed to the monthly Tales of the Weird which is absolutely the sort of thing that I should read for inspiration. Subscribers get it a little earlier than general sale and my first volume came with two pics and a bookmark. The review is here but I can tell you that I am happy that I have it. It even includes Carmilla which is one of my favourite gothic tales of all time and a story by Mary Shelley called The Invisible Girl

It's not just that I enjoy the book, but it's supporting the British Library. It feels like I'm contributing a infinitesimal fraction to something important. I confess that I plan to look up the previous editions on Kindle Unlimited, or even purchase the eBook. Here are the pics - suitably gothic!



Hopefully next week will be better.

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. Baked potatoes and beans sounds good. Maybe you can turn the failed casserole into soup! I'm sure it will be tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame about the casserole but sometimes we make a mistake but I bet it was 1 in a 100 so take heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are wonderfully kind. And I've had some great results just throwing things together so I can't really complain.

      Delete
  3. It's a shame about the casserole, but you gave it a try. At least the potatoes were edible. I've had lots of food fails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it - at least we have a go and try things. It could all be worse.

      Delete