Pages

Sunday 21 January 2024

Quite Windy

I found the pic that I thought I'd not managed to get of the sunset a few days ago. I thought that I'd lost it.


It's warmer now but very stormy. We've locked down our bins and right now the wind is howling down the chimney. Our fireplace is blocked in, but the wind is still rattling down it. 


That's my blocked off fireplace. The candle is a present from bear which was flickering like mad. I made bear laugh when I told him that I'd take his present and burn it! It sounds so dramatic compared to 'light the candle you gave me'. 

I opened the bathroom window earlier to look out and I nearly couldn't shut it again. We're under an Amber weather warning for wind, and there's an alert for possible flooding in Leeds. By the way, there is a flood warning map here that shows updated info. It's only for England, but it's kept up to date and I used to keep an eye on it when I was doing the school run as there were a few routes that could be affected. 

I think it's time to get to bed and hope that I can sleep through the storm.

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. I loved that picture of the sunset! Hope the wind storm doesn't cause any damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was glad that I caught it after all.

      Delete
  2. Thank you - sunsets can be glorious

    ReplyDelete