Pages

Wednesday 24 January 2024

Slightly Less Dull

Yesterday was so dull that I couldn't think of a single thing to write about. Today was slightly less dull. I started a scarf for the lovely man at the garage. I also baked banana bread. I forgot to take a pic until after it had been sampled. 


It turned out quite well, but I didn't follow the recipe perfectly. The recipe called for self raising flour, and I didn't have any so I used gluten free plain flour and a lot of extra baking powder. It also didn't include spice, and you have to have some spice in banana bread. The men very much enjoyed it, however, which was the main thing.

Immediately after, I dislodged the glass on the oven door. DH managed to fix it, but we agreed to order the Air Fryer oven with a view to using the oven less. I also made a breakfast bake


You sprinkle the bottom of the pan with some frozen blueberries, then stir up two grated apples, two mashed bananas, some honey, milk, eggs, baking powder, spice and oats and pour over the blueberries and then add more blueberries on top. However the extremely ripe bananas had gone too far over. The last of the good ones had been used for the banana bread, so I subsituted four extra grated apples. I'll share how it eats tomorrow. 

To be honest, I've found that the only time recipes really work for me is when I don't follow them exactly.

My new bag came today. It's not the fancy one. It cost £36 and that's around £26 more than I'd like to pay, but I'm hoping that the extra pennies will help it last longer. 


I also feel that I'm turning into my grandfather. He never kept up with the price of things. I think he got stuck with how much stuff cost around 1957 and there were some awkward conversations between him and my grandfather over the years. Spending over £30 on a bag seems ridiculous, but I keep seeing articles about bags costing thousands. 

Writing Stuff - yesterday's writing prompt is here and I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Today is Wednesday's chat about me failing at research and you can find it here. I was looking at books that would support research, and there are a surprising amount of non-fiction books that are not exactly well written. Or they're well written for Martians. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Your new bag looks lovely and I think the price was quite reasonable. I have two very ripe bananas waiting to be used up - I think some banana bread or muffins might be happening, here! Waiting to hear how the blueberry-apple breakfast bake turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And the bag has a lovely soft feel to it which is a bonus.

      Delete