Pages

Monday 6 January 2014

Looking for the Positives

I'm struggling a bit.  I tried to phone uncle after picking up bear from school as I want to make it a regular, predictable thing while he is in hospital.  However uncle was having a scan which the hospital can't discuss with me, so I had to ring back.  Five minutes in to the second call bear was having a meltdown over his homework (postponed earlier because of the planned time of call) and I had to hang up - there were words!  Poor uncle, when I tried to ring back I couldn't get through.

Today has been another thing punctuated by being called away from tasks by from this and that and I feel like I have achieved less than a quarter of what I needed, what with one thing and another.  I made a mess of the market delivery and the fish I had planned to cook tonight wasn't available due to weather - and I perfectly understand.  If I was a fisherman there is no way on this planet that I would take a boat out in this weather.

I then got sidetracked by bear so there isn't really time for my fall back either.  It is looking like mince and mash for dinner, which is tasty if slightly uninspired.  It is certainly a night for it!

There are chinks of light.  The rental of the hall where bear's party is has come in at remarkably less than I feared, mainly due to father's ability to charm the ladies on the committee.  The car is coming in at 'only' £135 plus the same again for a service.

When all is said and done, the nights are getting shorter.  They may still be long, but they are officially getting shorter and that has to be worth something.  I have also had brandy butter on toast today and that has definitely been a bright spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment