Pages

Friday 10 January 2014

Party bags

I think I wrote early that I bought some inexpensive party bags with a Doctor Who theme - and the sweets were eighteen months out of date!  It would have been uneconomic to return them (grumble, grumble, grumble) so I have just decanted two dozen party bags, thrown the sweets away, slipped the contents into small blue bags that I ended up purchasing (grumble, grumble, grumble), and bear helped by slipping in the mini bubbles and blowers in.  Just the sweeties from the delivery to add tomorrow.

Please, please, please let the delivery come complete tomorrow.  I am not even doing sandwiches - I never knew a child that liked sandwiches.  It is all bitty stuff, sausages and pizza slices and stuff.  I've included grapes and carrot sticks but I am under no illusions that they will go first.

Poor DH has got a packed programme tomorrow.  Now we have the car back he will be leaving at @ 10am, going to drop off the 'we buy your clothes' stuff, then to the tip, then pick up the furniture we bought last week, then back to the house.  I don't want to ask him to do a supermarket run as well, but we are desperate to get stuff out of the house as we can, so it is a sanity call getting rid.  He has already visited the charity shop.  Next weekend will probably be much of the same.

Regardless, I have found the Dalek bunting, the Dalek cups and plates and the Dalek straws.  We will be taking Mrs Dalek down and along to the hall and lots of people have replied.  Family are recruited, I spoke to the entertainer five minutes ago.  All should be fine (I have my fingers so crossed they are nearly in a knot).   It starts at 2.30.

Hopefully tomorrow will include photos.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your party, I am sure the children will all enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it all goes well - thinking of you! Rather glad that my two are too old for that sort of party now, but it is a rite of passage, I think - it has to be done at least once!

    ReplyDelete