Pages

Monday 19 December 2016

Don't Look at My Search History

When I wrote The Forgotten Village I actually googled how to make a Mickey Finn or chloral hydrate.  Apparently it's quite easy, according to Wikipedia.  You can look it up if you don't mind your search history getting odd.

I also found that actually embalming fluid isn't as flammable as I needed it to be for a short story but I went with it anyway, because who's going to check?

Today, when I was innocently looking at craft videos on YouTube, which led me to watching a video where they used string soaked in nail varnish remover and lit to cut a bottle which had videos on the sidebar about how to make nitroglycerine and how to make chloroform.  I'm really tempted to click on them.

I mean, I don't really want to blow anything up and I would be far too anxious to even think about chloroform, but it's research.  Honest, what else?

And added to research, did you know that you can get sulphuric acid from Amazon and a powder that takes away the smell of dead bodies.  I am really worried that one day my search history will be shown in a court of law and no-one will believe me.  Also, now YouTube has caught me looking at sulphuric acid being added to sugar (spoiler - not suitable for baking afterwards, but the video was on the sidebar of the video showing how to cut a bottle with nail varnish remover and I couldn't resist) all sorts of videos are showing up in the 'suggested for you' and I'm not sure I can cope.  I am going to try and top up my video feed with lots of videos of the Arrow without his shirt and some paper craft.  That's so much safer!  And for my own reassurance here is a picture of a kitten.

1 comment: