Pages

Thursday 30 July 2020

Beans!

Cherie - I feel your pain. The trouble with Imperial Leather soap is that it is actually quite good quality, it lasts forever - much more than any other bar soap I know - and the scent lingers to the last bubble. And that scent is so distinctive. It's not exactly unpleasant, but it's not a 'pretty' scent. 

Today's food issue is beans, or, rather, beans and sausage. I occasionally have some tinned beans and sausage when I'm out of other options (and I sort of like it, please don't judge), and Heinz beans and sausage is gluten free. Bear decided that he would be happy to have beans and sausage with toast for lunch. I thought that there were worse things he could have and said fine, but when I called in at Morrisons they only had Branston beans and sausage. 

I was on pins, but bear said that the Branston beans and sausage were not only acceptable but he preferred them.I was happy. Obviously, if I'm going to have tinned beans and sausage, I'm going to have to have Heinz as the Branston version contains gluten, but I'm not too worries about it. I don't go for it that often. What worries me is the baked beans. DH seriously prefers Heinz. If bear suddenly takes a major liking to Branston I can see me cooking a different brand of baked beans for each of them, or, more likely, never having baked beans again. And they're actually not too unhealthy if they don't have sausages in them.

On the bright side, I've found that I don't need to naff raff around with my phone and emails to get a pic from my phone to here. I have an android phone and I use Chrome as a default and I can click on the insert picture icon then go to photos. This makes things a lot easier and in celebration, here's something random.

Hugs and good health to all.

Kirkstall Abbey taken Nov 2019

2 comments:

  1. Every day is good that has beans in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need to tell your husband you've had to buy a different brand of beans. Just hide the cans at the bottom of the bin, he probably won't notice. Or, as it seems like getting Bear to eat well is the most important factor, couldn't he just suck it up and live with the very very slight difference in taste between the two? He's a grown man, he can manage without his favourite beans occasionally. Or, third option, do a blind taste test and see if either of them can actually tell the difference between cheap beans and any of the major brands! Once you don't know it's surprising how many people can't;)

    ReplyDelete