Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2020

Expensive Month

I have just spent a fortune on the MOT, service and paint work and today bear's Xbox died. It doesn't really owe much. We bought it for bear for after the operation he had on his thumb, back in April 2016, and it's seen some service since then. It's been clunky for a while, but now it has switched itself off and refuses to switch back on again. 

As it was running out of space for games and the newer ones had a bit more capacity, DH made an executive decision and got a new one. It was not inexpensive, but it was new and it was here four hours later. I did have a quick scout around on the internet, but I couldn't see much. Of course, I don't know what I'm looking for. To the best of my knowledge, we got a decent deal. Bear is a very happy bear indeed.

I think that I will have to be a little more careful in my random shopping trips. I can't afford to spend too much for the next month or two. Of course, it's back to school soon, which means uniform shopping and all the kit that goes with it. School have been very clear that bear (who has a habit of shedding equipment through the term) will need all his kit as he will not be allowed to borrow the stuff that he's lost because I always buy him a full set and he loses most of it by week three.

I'm planning a quick run for some essentials tomorrow. Then I'm getting back and getting working. Out of the London Mist is out the day after tomorrow, so I want to make sure I'm covering everything. I can't tell you how excited I am!

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Once one expense comes there always seem to be another! I would have thought we weren't spending as much but food prices seem to have gone up a lot and it's too hot to turn the oven on much so I seem to be spending an absolute fortune on food. Sigh. I honestly can't wait for the cooler weather - not winter, but maybe Autumn.

    ReplyDelete