Pages

Monday 28 August 2023

Fifty Miles

I drove fifty miles today. Much of that was manoeuvring around narrow country lanes looking for a place to turn around and another large slice was three point turns. My sat nav hates me. I had a quick run to Tesco before taking bear to help his friends out who were performing as a band in a free small festival. They have their own single here if anyone is interested and it's a very energetic, indie teenage song, very much aimed at youngsters. They wouldn't thank me for saying it, but it reminds me a lot of the punk stuff that I grew up with. I heard some of the set from a safe distance (when considering the possibility of embarassing bear) and I enjoyed it.

The problem was that the festival was in an area I didn't know at all, so when we were faced with things like closed roads and the inevitable 'take the next left' when I absolutely should not take that next left. Bear navigated for the outward journey, letting me know when the sat nav was lying and that I needed to take different turns. After I dropped him off, though, I was left looking for somewhere to park to wait the two hours before pick up. I ended up at the shopping outlet at Junction 32 where it took me twenty minutes to work out where the entrance was. I kept getting sent up and down Tomahawk Trail. My sat nav really hates me. I parked up next to a hedge that looked like autumn.


I had a little wander around and succumbed to some candles from the Yankee Candle outlet (which I didn't need but we are running a little low as we get into autumn). As the outlet shops were shutting, I took ten minutes to find my way out of the dratted car park then found a layby across from a rhubarb field, as it was right near the Rhubarb Triangle.

Bear had a good time, and I even managed to get some knitting done. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. A did a lot of mileage, today! I'm glad bear was able to help you navigate. I listened to the song and liked it! It had a nice beat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it as well, and it reminded me of the music I listened to as a teen. So different from when my poor mother was suffering through my music choices!

      Delete