Pages

Tuesday 8 August 2023

Forgetting the Days

I keep meaning to post, but then I forget and lose all sense of time. I bought myself a planner, with some reservations, and I'm hoping that it will help keep me more on track. Besides, I spent most of yesterday recovering from the England game. Nigeria definitely deserved to win. 

There seems to be a lot of knitting going on here at the moment. The fluffy blanket has been put on hold as the yarn that I absolutely should not have got but have been lusting after for a while and eventually caved and bought finally came. I have a pattern suited to DK and I think that it's double knit. It's perhaps the most expensive yarn that I've bought in ages, at £3.22 for 100g. I know that it's not expensive in the grand scheme of things, but it's expensive for me. Mind you, I saw a yarn that tempted me which was over £10 for a single skein, which looked about 50g. It was 50% Tibetan Yak and 50% mulberry silk, so I suspect that it's fair enough. I can't justify getting that. Over £3 for polyester was hard, but it called to me. I've started knitting (please let me finish this!)


It isn't sparkling yarn and there's no glitter in it. It's just that the yarn is shiny. It may split like a [rude word] and be as tricky as [different rude word] to knit but it's so soft and warm and light that it's like knitting a cloud.

I've been doing a lot of micro housewifery. It's just little bits here and there that are making things easier going forward. I've also done a lot of writing stuff.

Writing stuff - I have finally got the next chapter out on Invitation Accepted here. I have almost finished the next instalment of the Research and the Author series for tomorrow. And  I got a mention in a newsletter belonging to The Authors Porch and CJ Ives Lopez who are amazing and encouraging for writers of all levels and backgrounds. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. At least you're getting your knitting done!

    Your attempts at planning sound a lot like mine. Not kidding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, if I ever work anything out, I'll share. It's not looking optimistic at this moment.

      Delete
  2. What a pretty, shiny yarn! What are you knitting with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that it will end up as a soft, snuggly sweater before it gets cold. I haven't fully knitted one for a while, so I'm hoping it will go okay, especially the neckline.

      Delete