Pages

Monday 26 September 2016

Normal for Here

Bear is currently watching a DVD of the Victorian Farm with me.  For those who haven't seen it, it's a reconstruction of a year working a farm in the way of the 1880s by two archeologists and a domestic historian.  It's very interesting,   Bear assured me that with a bit of help and support of the professionals he could easily manage all that.  Having seen him at Temple Newsam Farm and the wide berth he gives the chickens, I doubt it, but I nodded, smiled and murmured encouragingly.

I'm still sore, so I've done a lot of internet browsing and finished the back of the sweater.  I don't think it will take the 250g it would take if it used the correct yarn, but I think it will be around 400g, which is still pretty awesome, bringing it in @£6.  That is still cheaper than buying a store made sweater, though it will be quite lightweight.

We are currently inundated with the little fruit flies that came in with the potting compost when I potted up Dilly and Dally.  DH told me proudly that he had researched it on the internet and that he was setting traps with cider vinegar and washing up liquid or dish soap.  I asked if it was the same method that I had referred to in 'Dinner at Dark' and he admitted he had forgotten about that.  It didn't work so well earlier in the summer, but fingers crossed it will be okay this time.

I'm putting the cover photo up again because I am still very giddy at having a professional cover!  I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at it.


1 comment:

  1. I don't blame Bear one bit. I'm terrified of chickens. He's only nine and I'm a fully grown grandmother. haha.

    ReplyDelete