Pages

Monday 12 March 2018

Manic Monday

It wasn't really that manic.  It was just a little busy.  It would have been less busy if I hadn't decided to strip DH's and bear's beds and started washing.  With all the other washing as well, I was kept busy.  I was also watching like a hawk for the postie who finally delivered the copy of the birth certificate for me to send with the information form to the grammar school. 

The school were late sending out the forms, due to silly weather.  Then the copy of the birth certificate was guaranteed to arrive on Thursday, but there was more silly weather.  And then  I noticed that the cut off date to return this to the school was last Friday.  I went into a tailspin.  After I had calmed down, I rang them up.

I spoke to someone in charge of admissions and they were lovely!  They assured me it would be fine, just get the things to them and it would all be okay.  I felt hugged.  Then I raced (okay, limped - my knee, hip and back are all misbehaving) over to the Post Office and sent it off, first class, guaranteed next day delivery, please let there not be a problem.  On the way back I took this photo


We have had a bit of rain.  It's not so bad as in some parts of the world, but it's soggy enough.  By the time I'd fielded a few lovely phone calls from family, re-made the beds, cooked dinner, got bear wrestled into bed with the huge panda he has rediscovered and staggered downstairs, I was barely fit to post the latest instalment of 'At the Sign of the White Hart'.  Said instalment is here for those interested. 

Now I am going to bed!

2 comments:

  1. Busy day! Glad you got the birth certificate and school thing sorted out.

    ReplyDelete