Pages

Thursday 1 March 2018

Mixed Bear

I got the confirmation email.  Bear is definitely going to grammar school.  It's a free grammar school so the competition to get in is extremely fierce!  Something that has made me feel the best about it is that everyone, and I mean everyone, who I have mentioned the school to and who has any experience of it at all says that the school is supportive and encouraging and really helps the kids grow.  That it isn't just a hot house exam machine. 

To be fair, I suspect bear would do just fine in a hot house exam machine, or as well as anyone would, as he has got over his initial stress and is now very blase about the whole SATS experience.  I'm letting him get on with it but he seems fine.  I can still remember the nonchalant way he strolled out of the exam for the grammar school without a care in the world (unlike DH and I)  I am so proud of bear.

Well, I'm so proud of bear when it comes to the whole 'being bright and quite well behaved in school' schtick and slightly less impressed that he spent a large part of the day out in the freezing snow getting well and truly chilled.  Not only that, but he and his pal went out and decided to bury themselves in snow.  We are not the worst area affected, and the snow is lovely and powdery so they didn't get too soggy, but really!  DH was working from home upstairs so only came down after 5.30 and missed it, but he thought the lads had had a brilliant idea.  I told them that they were all silly sausages. 

In other news, the postman was a complete hero and delivered my provisional driving licence today.  I'm mildly terrified and completely excited.  I'm not going near a car, however, until well after the snow has gone!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. DH and I have been married for nearly 30 years and we still haven't grown up properly, so I suppose we can go with, 'we're only young...' lol LM x

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to bear - you must be so pleased that he has got in and I know he will do well - now you have to pass your test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually feel okay. I haven't actually sat behind a steering wheel since 1983, but I have faith lol! Faith, that is, that I will have good instructors. Thank you for the congratulations. It is such a big deal for us LM x

      Delete
  3. Congrats to Bear and to you for raising such a great young man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the congratulations. I don't know if I can take any credit - bear has wandered happily along all sorts of educational byeways and has also had school. I am watching to see what he does next as it could be absolutely anything! LM x

      Delete