Pages

Saturday 17 March 2018

Taking stock

I got to Aldi!!!  It's a very small distance and I spent not much but at least I got out and got the stuff in before the snow that is forecast hit. 

I was looking for a decent laundry powder holder.  I have one of those tin ones with enamel on which is a perfect size for a large box of Ariel and has a cute little cup thing that hangs off one of the hangers.  I absolutely love it - but it's gone rusty.  I've just had a thought...

(as an aside, I don't plan what I write here.  You get pure, unadulterated, unpremeditated witterings.  I think of stuff as I'm typing and in it goes.  So when I have a thought half way through, I may as well add it)

I don't like the idea of the rusty box but I could just rub down the rust and paint over it.  Of course, it isn't the thickest of tin so there may be a hole forming already but it's a possibility.  Or I may just cave and get a large plastic tub.  I'll have to look at the rusty patch and see whether it's worth trying to mend.  I suppose I could get another enamelled tub and pre-treat the base with a layer of varnish. 

But I think I am going to have to accept that I currently have bad joints and I am going to have to work around them.  I believe that the main cause is self inflicted - I'm overweight and I don't move much.  My late mother was crippled with arthritis and took feverfew tablets. 

So I need to move more and eat less.  Moving is tricky.  Stairs are currently a problem.  I'm not too bad in the mornings but by evenings just getting up from a chair is an issue.  I've decided (and please, please, please, let me for once stick to a plan!) I need to get things set up  so I can do all the moving I need to in the morning and then just relax later.  I need to set the house up so that it works with complete efficiency - allowing for bear and pals, of course.

I'm going to start in the dining room.  I'll report back and let you know how it goes. 

4 comments:

  1. I am also quite stiff Syb. I started Pilates a few months ago and it has really helped. I put it off for years because I was too embarrassed to join a class, I knew I'd find it a struggle and I didn't want to do it in front of other people. I found a local lady who does private sessions. I had a few private sessions and then I joined her local class. I did both for a few weeks until I was sure I could cope with the class. Maybe something like that would be worth considering?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a look into this. Thank you for the great suggestion! LM x

      Delete
  2. Regarding the enamel tin... could you use a bin liner inside? Or just a piece of fabric cut to size placed in the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the bin line would work, but I'm not sure about the fabric as the washing powder is quite fine. I'm worried about the rust marking the shelf - though why I should when the kitchen is falling apart I don't know lol! I'll add that to the thinking. LM x

      Delete