Pages

Saturday 26 January 2019

Fusion Food!

Bear has decided that the pizza he is making on Monday in Food Tech (or whatever the latest name they use for basic cooking) has to be 'innovative'.  If he just slaps on some cheese and a few slices of pepperoni, he doesn't get a good mark.  Bear cares about getting a good mark.  So he decided he is going to make a pizza based on Indian cuisine.  Then he sits back and looks at me expectantly.

So we are going with the pizza base recipe that is given in the booklet which is flour, milk, egg and butter.  Then bear is going to add tomato puree with garam masala, garlic and possibly some pizza herbs with the topping being chicken tikka slices, red onion, fresh coriander and cheese.  I don't think it's very authentic, but it's very British and it's relatively light for him to carry, especially once I persuaded him that olives weren't common in Indian cuisine. 

The big issue is whether we have a box big enough to carry the dratted thing home.  I ended up adding a plastic box to the Morrisons order and I'm hoping it will all fit.  I told bear that if the pizza was too big for the box he could eat around the edges. 

No snow here, but cold and wet.  I'm feeling a lot better but staying strictly indoors.  Bear and DH went out to meet with DH's friends and they brought me back yarn.  That's a man who understands me!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete