I achieved a major breakthrough in not giving up yesterday. Today was not so good, so very little to blog about.
I am pleased, however, that I have finally finished the dratted ruffle on the jacket. I couldn't do the last increase row as the stitches wouldn't fit on the needles. This was incredibly frustrating because the pattern called for 100cm circular needle so I made sure I was using a 100cm circular needle but if I had known then I could have got a longer needle as there are some out there.
I haven't sewn that up yet. I'm bracing for that. I made a bit of a mess of the shoulders, but as it is just for the house then I'm not too stressed. I'll post a photo as soon as I get finished. The good news is that I can probably use left over yarn from it for the detail on the jacket that I really, really, really want that uses the incredibly chunky yarn. I suspect it will feel like knitting barge rope with telegraph poles, but I do love the look of it.
We've finally put the heating on. I suppose autumn is here. I have a list of things I ought to do as long as my arm to help get the house ready for winter, like sorting out linings for curtains and having a good clear through. I'll worry about that tomorrow.