Pages

Friday 7 October 2016

Still Doing Okay

I achieved a major breakthrough in not giving up yesterday.  Today was not so good, so very little to blog about.

I am pleased, however, that I have finally finished the dratted ruffle on the jacket.  I couldn't do the last increase row as the stitches wouldn't fit on the needles.  This was incredibly frustrating because the pattern called for 100cm circular needle so I made sure I was using a 100cm circular needle but if I had known then I could have got a longer needle as there are some out there.

I haven't sewn that up yet.  I'm bracing for that.  I made a bit of a mess of the shoulders, but as it is just for the house then I'm not too stressed.  I'll post a photo as soon as I get finished.  The good news is that I can probably use left over yarn from it for the detail on the jacket that I really, really, really want that uses the incredibly chunky yarn.  I suspect it will feel like knitting barge rope with telegraph poles, but I do love the look of it.

We've finally put the heating on.  I suppose autumn is here.  I have a list of things I ought to do as long as my arm to help get the house ready for winter, like sorting out linings for curtains and having a good clear through.  I'll worry about that tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. How frustrating that the circular needles are too short for all the stitches! But well done on finishing the ruffle. Looking forward to seeing the finished garment.

    Sounds like autumn has arrived there, if you have the heater on. It was 95F, here, when I went shopping, earlier this afternoon. Definitely not autumn, yet.

    ReplyDelete