Pages

Friday 1 September 2017

I had a Fail

I'm not tough enough on bear.  Today I spotted the state of his trainers.  I'll try and get a photo of them later but they are wrecked.  When I say 'wrecked' I mean that the plastic coating has come off half of the shoe.  It isn't a little split.  Bear did not see what all the fuss was about.

This was before we got to the dentist.  Bear was given a quick examination and has a clean bill of dental health.  I don't know how he manages it.  I do insist on good dental hygiene for him, I'm always nagging about brushing his teeth, but he eats and drinks plenty of sugary stuff, including fruit.  I suppose bear is just lucky.  I know that I can't take any credit.

Bear managed to persuade me not to go into town with him for trainers but just go straight home.  He doesn't do leaving the house.  This is going to be interesting next year when his school will be more than 500 yards from the front door.

The comment from 50 and counting on my Washing Up post is pretty awesome.  She suggests that you pick up doilies from charity shops and re-use the cotton to make dishcloths - and gives a pattern.  That is an epic suggestion as doilies rarely sell well in charity shops and almost always sell for less than the cost of the cotton.  I shall definitely look into it.

4 comments:

  1. I read you had "a fall". Glad it was only "a fail". I must get to specsavers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teeth is much better than having good trainers at least he did not wear the coating off his teeth! Like the bit about doilies - some folk are so ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I thought your headline was 'I had a Fall' - I was expecting the worst so relieved it was just about some trainers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete