Pages

Saturday 23 September 2017

Quiet here

I went into Leeds yesterday and there wasn't a bomb scare.  There was one on Wednesday, with the whole of the market and some adjoining streets cordoned off and loads of buses diverted.  I saw a tweet on the subject, allegedly from one of the market regulars.  'Is it a bomb?  Give it a kick.  Did it go off?  No?  Then where's me bus.'  It rings very true of the people I've seen there.  It turned out it wasn't a bomb but something else illegal.

Today has been lovely and quiet.  I finished off a shawl.  I'll take a photo tomorrow.  I didn't finish it until after bear was in bed near his oversized panda which I'm planning on using as a model.  The panda is four feet tall, or around a metre, and desperately in need of a clean.  I'm going to have to take it to the dry cleaners on the bus.  I may have to buy it a ticket as it will need its own seat.  It was a gift from uncle when bear was a lot smaller.  He was still in his cot as it was the exact length of it.  I still remember the grin on uncle's face as we strapped the huge plush creature into the car in its own seat with a seatbelt holding it in place.


2 comments:

  1. Hope to see a photo of your shawl. I'm working on one now. It's supposed to be an 8 hour shawl - makes me laugh! It's too hot to knit a lot so at this rate it will be an 8 month shawl.

    ReplyDelete