Pages

Wednesday 6 September 2017

The Number of the Pillow

Sainsburys have pillows on sale for £6.66 for a pair of washable pillows.  I'm not superstitious and if the pillows are only half way decent then they are worth getting as pillows don't survive long in this house.  The pillows for me, bear and DH are all very limp indeed.  I have put a shedload on the order which should come some time next week

Today it was a Morrisons delivery.  I got my cobnuts (still don't have a nutcracker, I may end up using a hammer or taking off a shoe and walloping the nuts with it).


I also got a veg box for £5.  That's a few carrots, onions, a couple of leeks, a couple of courgettes a swede, a cabbage and a cauliflower.  I thought it was good value for money, especially as I didn't have to do any thinking.  The down side was that I had to dry them all.  They had been in chiller cabinets and the onions were especially damp.


And while I had my camera out I took this photo...


The purple thingy on the right is a bottle lid for size reference.  They are the ceramic containers of some absolutely sublime desserts I got in Aldi.  The desserts come in chocolate orange, lemon and raspberry & cream.  They are smooth, subtle and horrifically calorific.  Afterwards you are left with this ceramic pot which looks like it ought to have a use.  I was thinking of using them for tea light holders - but I don't use many tealights.  I could use them for scented beads or general bits and bobs.  They aren't very deep.  I'm not even sure if they're microwave safe.  But they must be useful for something.

3 comments:

  1. We had similar from Lidl. I have used them for small cuttings in a pot on the windowsill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To paraphrase Shakespeare, what's in a number?

    That box of vegetables looks like a good bargain, to me. My daughter used to get boxes of imperfect produce (a mixture of vegetables and fruit) delivered to her workplace, along with several of her colleagues (that way, they paid just one delivery fee), but she has since stopped, because she has found cheaper sources of produce!

    Those ceramic containers definitely can be repurposed. Do they have lids? The orange item is a lid, perhaps? If so, then, can you use them to store little bits of leftovers in the fridge? Or to make individual servings of jelly, puddings, etc. I'd use them to store sewing notions and/or crafts supplies - pins, beads, buttons, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete