Pages

Tuesday 5 September 2017

Not a Good Start to the Day

Today bear is at school.  He went off fine.  He is now in Year Six, the oldest kids in the school.  He looks so different from when I first took him to Reception back in 2011.  There is still an element of him sitting in his uniform, as I always buy with room to grow into.  I am biased, but I think he's turning out alright.  He has a good heart and a lot of kindness.

On my to-do list today is the garden.  It is tipping down at the moment and I've done something interesting to my hip.  The garden will have to wait.  I also have been updating a Morrisons order.  I added this, tweaked that and when I was signing out got caught by a flash sale of 'cob nuts'.  These hazelnuts, fresh in the shell, like I used to get from my grandparents' garden when I was a kid (when the squirrels left any).  The trees aren't there anymore as they were cleared when flood defences were put in after some truly dreadful floods a few years ago.  The trees produced loads but the squirrels got most of them.  I loved the ones we managed to get, it was such a treat.  As for squirrels, they may look cute but you don't feel warm and fuzzy towards them when they wake you up by fighting on the tin roof.  Also they raided bulbs but they also spread some of the snowdrops, so that wasn't so bad.  The link to the supermarket listing is here.  They have a lovely soft flavour.  Also, I have no nutcracker.

I am sure I can find plenty of other stuff to do, and I may take the nuts off the order.  I don't need them.

1 comment:

  1. Hope bear enjoyed his first day and your hip resolves soon so you can 'leap' into the garden at the first sign of sunshine! I know how you feel about cobnuts - I have had the same reaction to a tiny box of after dinner mints someone bought me - we have eaten the mints but I would quite like to keep the box - I have absolutely no use for it but I just love boxes and keeping things in boxes and opening boxes and finding surprises inside of items I had long forgotten about (there is a post in this somewhere!)

    ReplyDelete