Pages

Monday 4 September 2017

The Day Before Bear is Back at School!

The day started awesomely, when a friend of bear's, his mother and his younger sister called round so we all went to the Methodists for a cuppa, a chat and the little sister (around 8 or 9) got some lessons in how to knit.  I volunteered to help out some time before the end of the month with some lessons here.  She is a lovely kid, and much better at craft than I am.  Witch Hazel - I shall pass on info on Craftsy to her mum.  I've looked at the lessons for sewing and at the moment I can't manage them as they are at awkward times of day, but next year bear should be fine left for fifteen minutes or so.

I accidentally volunteered to make soup for the Harvest Supper.  I suggested that they make Egyptian Soup, which is gluten free (if made with gluten free stock), dairy free and vegetarian.  I think the nearest online recipe to the one I use is here.  It's wonderfully flavorsome and warming.   Suddenly I find I'm making it.  The other cooks are seriously amazing, wonderfully experienced cooks and I feel like an awkward teenager next to them.

As for tomorrow, I think I've covered everything.  I've found his old book bag and put his lunch money in ready to go.  He has trousers, shirt and sweater ironed, though he probably won't need a sweater.  I know where his school shoes are.  I have also started a long to-do list.

I'm still having trouble typing.  I'm a touch typist.  I can usually type happily away without looking at the keyboard or screen and be fine.  At the moment it doesn't matter how carefully I type, all the letters are getting jumbled up.  I am also having trouble keeping my train of thought.  It's not so much a train as a single carriage that isn't leaving the platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment