Pages

Friday 1 September 2017

Nervous Day

Sorry I worried you about a fall.  I definitely felt a fail about the trainers.  I need to keep on top of these things as bear tells me nothing.

Today we got the letter from one of the grammar schools we've put bear down for.  He has to turn up before 8am for an exam in a few weeks time.  They expect 800 candidates for 180 places.  It's the only free grammar school for at least 50 miles, if not more, so I'm not surprised.

I've had a rummage online.  It looks good.  On paper the school seems very together and caring with a heavy science bias which would suit bear wonderfully.  It is relatively easy to get to and it's free.  Obviously the uniform costs vasts amounts of money, but that's true of all the local academies.

There was an online example of what the test papers look like.  I think that they're trying to make it harder for people to be coached to pass the exam so there's all sorts of stuff like 'non verbal reasoning'.  Bear looked at the examples and decided that the test looked like fun.  It's two separate one hour papers, so I hope he's right.

Last night I dreamt that there had been a murder in the street and the body had been found just across from us.  All the way through the dream I was vaguely aware of police and reporters in the background but I couldn't stop worrying about whether I had enough microfibre cloths and were they good enough quality.  I wonder if I'm about to enter a 'housewifery' phase.  I need to soon as the house looks like a cautionary example.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck to Bear! I'm sure he'll ace whatever test they throw at him. It's odd how stressing can come out in our dreams. I dreamed a few weeks ago we won a hundred thousand dollars. We celebrated and then I woke up. I should be so lucky. haha. Winter is coming. Are you ready?

    ReplyDelete