Pages

Friday 20 September 2019

I Shouldn't Have Turned Left

Pam - we have one collection a fortnight for one wheelie bin only and no extras, and I seem to generate a lot of rubbish. Also the drive to the tip is a little challenging for me at the moment, so I'm finding excuses to go.

Wherethejourneytakesme - I only follow superstitions if I think it makes life more fun. I consider them interesting but optional. My late mother and grandmother would be horrified.

Bear had an early finish today (again) so I weighed up whether I should go for a drive today and stay home tomorrow, as I normally go out on Saturdays but not only is the weather likely to be warm, but there is a Yorkshire cycling race happening which would be limiting, or whether I should just go home. I had a cup of tea in Tesco and decided I would go to a farm shop near Huddersfield and see what veggies they had as I was planning soup. Unfortunately there were roadworks and I was getting fed up so I turned left, noticing a sign for Barnsley as I turned.

This took me into the edge of the Pennines. Some of the roads I ended up on didn't have a white line in the centre and there was one memorable stretch where there was a very frail fence and a foot of tufty grass between me on the road and a steep riverbank. I had to do a lot of steep climbing and some very tight corners. It was awesome.

I paused at Brighouse before going back to Dewsbury, where I found this.


I didn't get a good pic, as I was stuck in bright sunlight, but it says 'Los Angeles Police' on the side, and has the steering wheel on the other side of the car, that is, where it should be if you drive on the right. Apparently you can rent them, I found a website here, but I think that there are a few other sites around.

Then I trusted my satnav to take me to Heckmondwike and it took me down all sorts of back ways which was good fun, and I picked up bear and his pal.

Dinner tonight was soup, and was a fail. I used carrots instead of sweet potato and cajun seasoning instead of the middle eastern spices I normally use. Normally bear and his pal drain the soup bowls without hesitation, but they didn't like it tonight. Back to the old faithful recipe.

Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. Wow sounds like a great drive! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that logo on the door of the vehicle looked familiar! We refer to the police vehicles as "black and white"s. :)

    ReplyDelete