Pages

Monday 9 September 2019

Making it through Monday

Drama in street continues.

Poor bear came home in agony after an extended PE session. He really suffers with his knee joints, and I'm glad he's getting a referral. He cheered up, though, as he had the first lesson with a violin tutor who was awesome. He picked things up at his usual speed, which impressed her. She was also impressed that it was bear and not me that was pushing for the violin lessons. He's doing okay, and managing tunes, which is apparently quick for someone who has only been learning since May, but he has practised a lot and he already knows quite a bit about music from his piano lessons. Bear was left in a very good mood.

Cherie - I'm worried about buying a sofa from a charity shop because I'm not sure it will fit through our door! Otherwise I am very relaxed about it, but DH is very attached to our sofa which is incredibly comfortable.

I also picked up a clock that was presented to my great great grandfather (I think that's the right number of greats) in 1887. It had been overwound and needed restoring, and I had been wanting to get it done for a while. It turns out that the watch shop in the Morrisons in Heckmondwike also does elderly clock repairs. It is older than me, DH and bear combined.


Writing stuff - this week's prompt is here, and I used a pic I took myself at the Bagshaw Museum. It was such a strange thing to see, some Goss china, which is so readily available and inexpensive, in a museum case. It caught my attention, and I think I already have an idea of what I may write. If anyone wants to join in, there is no need to share, but you can if you wish and all are welcome, as long as you have fun.


Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. That is a very old clock! I sympathise with bear and his knee - one of mine is not in good shape at the moment. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Bear is enjoying his violin lessons. Ouch about the joints! Hope things work out for him. We need a new couch but ,like your husband, I find ours very comfy and worry a new one won't be quite the same lol

    ReplyDelete