Pages

Wednesday 18 September 2019

Lovely and Quiet

Wherethejourneytakesme - those steps actually end at a concrete car park and are probably an accident waiting to happen, but I suppose people are usually sensible enough to take care on steep steps (I hope!)

I'm definitely going to look for another piano teacher, and bear would like it to be sooner rather than later. I'm going to make the most of this enthusiasm.

I'm feeling a little good about myself as I went to the tip today and used the ring road. It is much quicker, and I needed to be as I was delayed trying (and failing) to get a huge wasp out of the porch. It's the time of year when they are looking for somewhere to overwinter, I suppose, and our porch has been targeted before. The last I saw of it was an unduly large and evil face looking down at me from the door frame, tilting its head like something out of a horror movie. I am officially unimpressed. I mentioned it to bear, who said, and I quote, 'It's only a wasp, mother, get a grip! Why is everyone so stressed about wasps?' Yes, he called me mother. I think I'm going to have to get  used to that.

Dinner was also a success. I made the hopping john recipe from here, except I used some of the diced frozen chorizo that I had left over from something else instead of bacon. It was too spicy for me, but bear and DH couldn't get enough.

Watch out for loads of writing stuff over the next few months. I've signed up for the October Fright Nights, so I will be sharing other people's posts on that, and I'm considering posting a piece of spooky fiction per day through October - not all of it new, but having some new stuff mixed in with the old. Then there will be two anthologies I have been accepted into that are being published around then, and I am actually under contract to help publicise, so there will be lots of stuff about those. I'll tuck it at the end, so you can skip it, but I hope you can find things you are interested in.

Now off for a quiet night.

Hugs to all.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day! Good for you for the drive - as someone who hates driving new places or difficult places I totally understand how daunting it can be. I seem to go the same old places over and over so I don't have to be uncomfortable

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was always panic stations at work when we had a wasp in the room - I always had to deal with it - I seem to be the only one who has never been stung. Well done on the tip run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious. You seem to go to the tip a lot. Do you not have refuse collections?

    ReplyDelete