Pages

Sunday 8 September 2019

It Costs HOW Much?

Today we got bear the trainers for school. He also really, really, really a pair for at home. It cost £85 for both pairs. The trouble is, he will be judged on his trainers and he has enough going on without me adding rubbish trainers to it. Bear did point out that cheap trainers were a false economy (and what I wear) and that he needed to be able to move properly. I caved partly because one of the pending hospital referrals is for his knee joints and if he was going to wear trainers, I wanted them to be the best support they could.

We also got bear's eyes checked, and he needs reading glasses. As he is under 16 we picked up two pairs without having to pay for them, and he looks adorable in them. I didn't dare tell him that. I am so glad that they, at least, were free.

I thought we could keep going with the pair he had last year as his feet hadn't grown that much, but I couldn't find them anywhere today, and he needs them for 9am tomorrow! Fortunately I managed to unearth them, but unfortunately it was down the back of the sofa which is falling apart. The frame is okay (more or less) but the cushions are trashed. We bought the sofa before bear was a year old, and it was extremely inexpensive. I think I will look for sofa cushions online, as that may be a way to keep the sofa ticking over.

I cleared quite a lot yesterday and mentioned to DH about the re-wiring and re-decoration. He doesn't want any disruption. I don't know how I'm going to do it. Feeling a little low. Also, drama in the street continues.

Hugs to all.

1 comment:

  1. If you aren't too picky there are some lovely sofas in charity shops. We are often amazed that people will get rid of something that looks very well looked after.

    ReplyDelete