Pages

Monday 28 August 2017

Bank Holiday

I was woken up this morning by the sound of one of the teenagers at the back smashing up their kitchen.  They seemed a bit stressed, I have no idea how they got into that state by 8am.  So far, however, it's been better than last year when someone had to call the police.

Other than that it has been a lovely, calm day.  We have just been hanging out and relaxing.  It's been good.

Witch Hazel asked about the tea towel.  I have never got on with cotton tea towels.  Even the good quality 100% cotton tea towels don't seem to dry up properly.  I am using the ones I bought before we moved here in 1994.  I took some pictures.




They are awesome, though now somewhat battlescarred.  They dry up so much better than anything else, they have been washed and washed and washed and washed - and on hot washes too.  They have been amazing.  They weren't inexpensive, but they were absolutely worth it.  They are getting to the end of their life now.  I bought them originally from Lakeland and hadn't seen them anywhere for years but thanks to Witch Hazel's question I spotted the website and had a look.

I may invest in some new tea towels.  To be honest, I'm nervous.  I can't get a close up and I can't believe that they will be as good as my old veterans.  They are not inexpensive either.  If I succumb, I'll share the results.

Edited to Add I found the teatowels!  My favourite tea towels!  I can't recommend them enough.  I am off to purchase them immediately - link here  Witch Hazel - thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment