Pages

Friday 27 September 2019

Always Something New

Tonight I found out how scary it can be doing a three point turn in the dark. Somebody in the street is moving something in a van. I'm not exactly sure what, and it's none of my business, but they needed me to move my car so they could get past. I have driven in the dark before, but never had to do manoeuvres like turning in a tight space. I'm not looking forward to the dark mornings and evenings when I'm driving, and they will be here before I know it.

I hope by that time they will have finished the roadworks on the usual route. The sign said, 'roadworks start on 10th September for two weeks'. I don't like calling it a liar, but it's seventeen days on and there is still a hole in the middle of the crossroads that would hold a double decker bus. Mind you, the weather hasn't helped them. I have sat there for far too long since the road works started. The main alternative is a fun drive - in daylight and good weather. There are lots of tight bends, strange speed limits and complicated roundabouts and I find it fun. I'm just not sure I want to do it in the dark.

In other news, I have booked someone to give a quote for all the stuff that needs doing. They are coming next Friday. I have a lot of writing stuff on before then and the house is overflowing. I'll just have to do my best.

Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you've got someone to come do the quote. Your comment about the roadworks made me laugh out loud. There are so many around here right now it is ridiculous. Of course they are rushing to get things done before winter starts as then nothing but pot holes will happen! The thing is that the roads they are doing/redoing are not the worst ones!

    There was a sign last year that made me laugh. The main road here where most of the shops are had roadworks and advised an alternate route - the only thing was the 'alternate route' also had roadworks on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a stretch of towpath that was closed for two weeks in July, it's still closed now

    ReplyDelete