Pages

Thursday 5 September 2019

I Don't Need It

I saw an advert for a jacket, but it changed before I could click it and now I'm craving the jacket. It was a sort of fluffy fleece type thing and sort of a poncho. It called to me in a day where it has been all sorts of weather but starting to get chilly.

I don't really have a nice, comfy jacket. I have a thin jacket that's just like a cagoule, and a sort of hard fleece type cardigan, but this was snuggly. I could cuddle down in it while stuck in the car waiting for bear.

I'm trying to keep Saturdays to have adventures. So far this has led to me driving all over the place, getting lost, panicking, sagging with relief in supermarket car parks and generally having fun. However one thing that I quite fancy, especially as the days draw in, is to go out and find a quiet spot and just knit without any of the drama that is still overflowing the street. I'm provisionally considering the A64, which is a very major and fast moving road, but I may just go to Tescos and sit in their car park for a while and work on the blanket.

I can manage with what I have, as I have plenty of warm sweaters and it's not like I'm getting out of the car most of the time. When I do, the thin waterproof goes easily over my thick sweaters which I can layer up. In fact, I need to dig out my sweaters and get the winter slippers out, as I am currently wearing open toed sandal type slippers at the moment. If I add socks, my cozy factor goes up. And speaking of sweaters, I have bags of yarn ready to knit more.

And speaking of yarn, Marriners Yarns are now stocking chenille at £2.50 per ball. I love chenille, and I've knitted sweaters for others with it. I really do not need any more yarn, I really don't. I have a yarn mountain, even after getting rid of loads. But the chenille is calling to me. It's the snuggle factor.

I really, really don't need it, so I'm going to get a sweater, put on some socks and concentrate on getting the wool stash down.

Bear seems really happy with the teachers at the moment. I'm confident that will change, as he has brought home several hundred French words he is supposed to learn by Tuesday, but I'll take it for now.

Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes, we need something that we don't really need! Maybe you'll find a better snuggly jacket. M :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! My comment was sent before I finished! I was going to say, maybe you'll knit yourself a snuggly chenille sweater, instead of the jacket. Stay warm, whatever you decide. By the way, it was 105F, here, yesterday! :D

    ReplyDelete