Pages

Monday 2 September 2019

Another Day, Another Museum

My awesome driving instructor's daughter is starting at bear's school, so we met up to let the kids talk. We were planning on going to Armley Mills Industrial Museum. I was worried because it is a Leeds City Council Museum, and they usually shut on Mondays, but the website said it was open. The website was fake news - it was shut. So I followed my driving instructor through Leeds to the Royal Armouries where we watched a staged fight between a Viking and a Saxon (which was very well done!) with them explaining what was going on and demonstrating the weapons. Then back to Aldi and picked up a few bits before coming home. At least I remembered to get two pics.

The Hall of Steel

Elephant Armour - one of my favourite exhibits

Tonight is soup for dinner. It's cold enough. I plan to peel, chop and simmer potatoes, carrots, onions (using up spring onions that I got for salad) and celery in some good stock (from cubes) with plenty of lentils and a generous amount of cumin and tumeric. Bear's pal is staying for dinner, especially after he heard it was going to be soup.

I'm going to risk talking about plans for tomorrow. Tomorrow, I plan to iron. I have lots and lots and lots of ironing. There may be a small amount of washing and drying, but it will be mainly ironing. Also negotiating with bear to get his dratted bag packed.

Writing stuff - Here's this week's writing challenge. I failed completely last week, but I'm hoping that I'll manage something this week.

Hugs to all

1 comment:

  1. That elephant armor is amazing! We dress the elephants in colorful cloth for parades, in Sri Lanka, but, I haven't seen one in armor, before!

    ReplyDelete