Pages

Friday 6 September 2019

I Did a Car Thing!

Today I filled up my windscreen wash fluid. In the scheme of things, it isn't exactly earth shattering, but it's the first time I've ever done it! I was so worried that I would find it complicated, but the hardest part was finding the bit of the bonnet to push to get to the washer fluid thingy. You can hardly miss the huge blue cap with the windscreen wiper icon on it. I felt very let down afterwards, as it wasn't exactly a challenge, and it wasn't helped when I found out that bear's pal, who I give lifts to, and who is 13, routinely fills up their car with the stuff. But I did it, and that's another hurdle over.

Bless, I meant to reply to your comment about the weather with you. 15C is forecast tomorrow, or around 60F, which is a little nearer shepherd's pie weather.

Tonight we had soup again, and it was successful. It's the same old mixed root veggies, onion, garlic, warm spices and lentils and was enjoyed by the men. I think I may make it a Friday staple. I can ring the changes a little and see how it goes. We have got into the habit of picnic style dinners on Saturday, and I'll try and do something nice on Sunday. I'm starting to acquire a sort of meal plan.

I had a look at Approved Food, which could be the inspiration for all sorts of meals, but nothing really grabbed me. DH has been having protein bars, and they had his brand on Approved Food. The bars were a lot less expensive on Amazon, even without a Subscribe and Save discount. You have to be so on your guard when shopping.

Hugs to all.

4 comments:

  1. Well done on filling the wiper fluid container. I haven't done any of that stuff, myself! I just take the car to the service garage, every so often and they check everything and top up as needed. I only know to get in and drive!

    60F/15C is about what it in Berkeley, where my daughter lives. It is much cooler, up there. For me, that is a winter's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite chilly here too today - not much warmer than your temp. I actually went out with a cardi on today. It's funny that in the spring when it gets to this same temperature we're stripping things off and in the autumn we're putting them on!

    Good for you with the windshield washer. Sshhh confession time - I actually don't know how to do it. Husband always does it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Approved food used to sell real food now its gone all chocolate and pop . i havent used it for ages . Clearance XL and CutPriceBarrys are much the same

    ReplyDelete