Pages

Friday 2 February 2024

Headache Continues

My sinuses are killing me. But we should get a new electric cooker from the insurance (less £100 deductible) next week. Unfortunately the earliest that it can be connected is the week after. As we're getting 'like for like' we're getting what to me is an extremely expensive one. 

After Bless reminded me, I checked and I could saute onions etc in the rice cooker as it's actually a multicooker but we just use it for rice. However it's not as familiar as a frying pan and I caved and picked up a £20 electic single hob from Amazon which should arrive tomorrow. Bear is almost certainly going to university so it may come in useful for him at some point anyway, and I suppose it's useful if there are other problems with the cooker. 

Incidentally, tonight we cooked frozen peas in the microwave and they came out a little cold. Please let the microwave hold on! 

I've also picked up some Merchant and Gourmet packs of grains and veggies as they're down to £1.50 on the clubcard price. Bear wants to eat healthier. I will be chasing my tail a lot here as terms and conditions apply when it comes to what he eats and it can change like the weather. I'm aiming for something shelf stable. I can't have the Merchant and Gourmet packs because they have gluten, but a microwave pack of eg Korean Style Vegetables and Mixed Grains should be okay for bear if he has them with something like the frozen salmon fillets that are on offer or a nice bit of chicken and as there's two portions per pack, it could be a lot worse. 

Speaking of bear, he got A+ in his tests for computer science and physics and is entitled to feel a little pleased with himself. Mind you, the poor lad is shattered today and had an extremely early night. 

Also today I swear I saw a squirrel running past with what looked like a can. I refuse to speculate.

Hugs and good health to all.

4 comments:

  1. My OH suffers terribly with his sinus's and has done all the time I've known him - a very long time! He swears by a herbal tincture called Plantago manufactured by Vogel and good health shops sell it (not Holland and Barrett though). Its not cheap at about £16-£19 a bottle but lasts for ages. Hope your new cooker turns up soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've bought some Plantago tea as a starter, but my sinuses are starting to clear now that I have that ordered. I'll work up to the tincture. Thank you for the recommendation - that sort of tip can mean all the difference.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are managing without your stove and that's the important thing. :) I'm sure the single hob electric stove will be quite useful, too. I hold on to my electric skillet for the same reasons. :)
    Congratulations to bear on his excellent grades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was really missing the small pan to soften a few bits of onion and mushroom, but now I'm good to go.

      Delete