Pages

Saturday 10 February 2024

Saturday Again

We went to feed the crows and magpies as usual, but there weren't many and a lot of them were looking ragged. I wondered if they'd been affected by the weather. They really don't like having their pics taken, but I managed to get this.


We also called in at Tesco and while DH got a coffee and set me up with a hot chocolate, I picked up some salad and bagels. Their discount veggie shelf was well stocked, but I didn't see anything I would use quickly.


Then we watched Doctor Who together. We're still in the William Hartnell era and we may have heckled some of the design decisions when watching. I worked on the scarf for the nice mechanic.


It's self striping yarn, all in knit. I tried doing a pattern but I kept losing concentration so gave up and I don't think it looks too bad.

Marjorie mentioned about being set up for snow, and I think that's a problem here. Parts of the UK get plenty of snow, but here we usually get a few flakes maybe once or twice in a winter and occasionally a decent fall. I wouldn't have worried about driving in the conditions on familiar roads, but Leeds City Centre is tricky.

DH drives in to visit his favourite shops every Sunday, so he's familiar with at least one route into the city. I am not familiar at all, and it's not an easy drive. Part of the problem is that the inner ring road came from Satan's armpit - it's the only explanation. If you get into the wrong lane, you can end up four miles out before you get a chance to go around. It's complicated, badly signposted and changes at least twice a year. Half of the city centre is closed off permanently, some has traffic sometimes and some lanes are for bus and taxis only but you have to be on high alert to spot them as you manoeuvre next to high speed taxis and people who are more lost than you. And the parking is crazily expensive if you hit the wrong car park. Snow does not make things easier. 

This morning's weather challenge was mist, and I was fine with that. 

4 comments:

  1. The scarf is lovely in that yarn. It looks complicated but an easy knit. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a great believer in letting yarn do the work.

      Delete
  2. I like how the scarf looks with the color changes. :)

    ReplyDelete