Pages

Saturday 3 February 2024

Nearly Normal Saturday

This morning we went to feed the crows and I didn't get decent pictures. They were all moving around so much. Interestingly, the birds turned up pretty quickly when we parked and I think that there were more of them. I know that crows can remember faces, so perhaps they're remembering our car. There were a lot of squabbles and what looked like arguments. I found it fascinating that the crows would take the monkey nuts and drop them in puddles, I think to soften the husk, before eating. Here's a pic of the car park to show that we were there. 


The hotplate came, though I haven't used it yet. I made pasta in a thermos jug and scalded myself (just a little) because it's a fat, meal style thermos and I didn't hold it very well. 


I'm not expecting much, to be honest, as it was extremely inexpensive, but it should get us through the next week. 

Today was pretty quiet. I remembered at 9pm that I needed some mushrooms so dashed to Aldi. The carpark was awesomely quiet - and this Aldi had the car park lit!


I was tempted by these, but decided against it for now.


It's been a good day.

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a good day! Not quite sure what are in the boxes? Candy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's candy - they're like a sugary foam shrimp and a staple of sweet shops everywhere here.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure the crows remember you. They are such interesting birds. They seem to know that I put the peanuts out for them lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crows and magpies are fascinating. I could watch them for hours.

      Delete