Pages

Monday 19 February 2024

I Need to Learn Self Control

I signed up to the Knitting Network's newsletter and it's been hard. There are offers about yarn landing in my inbox at least once, if not twice, per day. That's a lot of temptation. When they advertised that they had a mystery box on offer, I caved.

I had absolutely no reason to go for this. I still haven't got through the yarn sent by my lovely friend. But I've always wanted to get a mystery box and I succumbed. It looked like this.

I also ordered enough yarn for a simple, sleeveless, plain sweater knitted side to side. Funnily enough, the same yarn I ordered also appeared in the mystery box. 

The box was supposed to have five balls of chunky and ten balls of dk. The chunky looks like this.


I'm really looking forward to the pale blue one. This is the yarn that I've got for my sweater - if I ever get around to finishing it.


There were some nice looking dk which are absolutely earmarked for the Mission for Seafarers.


But there was also four balls of 100% cotton that looked far thinner than dk. 


They not only look a lot thinner, but I don't think that they'd work for scarves or hats. They're more like dishcloths. I shall have to have a think. 

I'm determined to get through the yarn. I finished the scarf for the nice man at the garage but it's too short. I'm considering unravelling and re-knitting. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely assortment of yarn! I, too, ordered some yarn, recently. I haven't received them yet, but, they are meant for a blanket for my daughter. Enjoy your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to seeing your yarn and blanket - you have such amazing taste.

      Delete
  2. Apparently, Walnut Tree Kind Cotton definitely IS a DK yarn, but I agree that it doesn't look as though it is!
    I can't knit, but am a whizz with a crochet hook! I'm just about to finish a blanket which I've made for our super king sized bed, but am wondering if it will ever get used as we have a 16tog goose down duvet, so we're never cold. I'm also too lazy to make the bed every morning and then put the blanket over it 'for show'! The blanket is very, very heavy too, which puts me off hauling it around! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am deeply impressed by anyone who crochets.

      The blanket sounds ideal to have on the sofa for snuggling. It sounds incredibly impressive.

      Delete
    2. I'm impressed with anyone who can use knitting needles, they may as well be javelins in my hands! Crochet is far easier than knitting, and grows much faster, I like faster results!

      Delete
  3. Sorry I’ve been absent - trouble at the mill! I’ve deleted my Facebook page although I know it takes a month to disappear… your new yarn looks lovely 😻 happy knitting Lyssa! Love Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending all hugs and a reminder that you are awesome.

      Delete